Deanna tagged me with this meme. Fun! Here they are, off the top of my head:
1. How's this for discovering new things about your spouse after a year and a half of marriage: Justin was looking at my feet the other day and suddenly said, "What's wrong with your toes?" My fourth and fifth toes on each foot are kind of scrunched so that I walk on the outside of my toes. Justin thinks it must hurt for me to walk. It doesn't. I thought everyone's toes were like that. This might explain why a. I can only wear sensible shoes and b. Justin doesn't want to wash my feet.
2. When I was young, I thought the Strait of Juan de Fuca, often mentioned in western Washington weather reports, was named after someone named Wanda.
3. I didn't know until I was in my twenties that not everyone calls a small washcloth a "mopeen." (It's colloquial Italian, apparently. I'm not even sure how it's spelled.)
4. I don't like eggs, mushrooms, or bell peppers, except on very rare occasions when they are exceptionally well prepared.
5. I have a slight, unnatural fear of balloons, attributable to childhood experiences of balloons popping at close range and the tragic loss of a very special green balloon (green was my favorite color), gone forever because of my dad's failure to evolve wings on demand so he could retrieve my balloon as it was lofting blithely into the ether.
6. When I was four and had just seen The Muppet Movie, I sat by the front window for three days waiting for Kermit the Frog to pick me up in his psychadelic Studebaker. This was logical how? I don't know. Also, two corollary weird things, one not about me: a. my mom reports my sister waited with me, and this was the longest she ever sat still, b. I remember playing with these toy salt and pepper shakers and telling my sister I liked pepper better, but that was because I thought the letter P had a more attractive shape. This was also why I liked the number 8.
I'm supposed to tag six other bloggers with this, but I don't know who to tag besides Laura. You're it! Poke.
2 months ago