Monday, October 08, 2007

How induction is a lot like spontaneous labor

They don't tell you when you're supposed to be induced until right before it happens, apparently. The hospital is still having trouble fitting me in for my cervical gelling tomorrow, so they're supposed to call in the morning and let me know if 1. someone has canceled (i.e. delivered) or 2. the on-call doctor can take me. I'm set for the induction itself on Wednesday, but I won't find out until tomorrow evening when I'm supposed to go in for that. So it's all a big fun surprise!

Meanwhile, I'm entertaining myself by going to the baby chat boards on thenest.com. This isn't really making me feel better, though, because I've read so many posts from women who are 37/38 weeks pregnant and disappointed that they're not dilated yet, and it's not charitable but I want to kick them.

The good news is, I think the baby's been putting more pressure on my bladder, which is manifesting itself in frequent but not always timely trips to the bathroom, so maybe she's dropped a bit.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Thinking of you...

bleisenblog said...

For me they said call Tuesday, then Tuesday they were like, "are you kidding?" so Wednesday it was.

-Kate

Anonymous said...

I guess we all have to suffer one way or another. I was in labor off and on for 3.5 WEEKS and still was only 50% effaced until Benaiah finally made up his mind to come out. The worst part was the 38 hours of five-minute-apart-have-to-stop-everything-you-are-doing contractions that went no where early on in that 3.5 weeks. Boy was I grouchy! Don't worry about the pitocin - with a good epidural, I could hardly notice the difference!