Monday, May 08, 2006

Charlie's first communion

Yesterday Charlie, the son of a couple that sings in the 11:30 choir, received his first communion. Father Gregory likes to quiz the kids, who are all about eight years old, and it's fun to hear their answers. Last week he asked how they had prepared for first communion, and one girl said, "By drinking grape juice." This week Charlie said at the end of the mass that his first communion was "a whole bunch of fun."

My favorite Charlie quote was a few years ago during the Palm Sunday reading from the Gospel of Mark. When Jesus cried out "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Charlie exclaimed, "That's TERBIBLE!" Well, almost as favorite as when he came up to me at our reception and told me our wedding was beautiful. So naturally I think Charlie is great.

No comments: